If you get in a car accident, would you know what to do? Follow these simple steps.
- Call for help. Call 911 or the local police department to report the accident even if the accident seems minor. A police report may be needed for insurance purposes. If you or anyone else has an injury, ask for an ambulance right away. If possible, do not leave the accident before the police or other drivers do.
- Move to Safety. Move out of the flow of traffic and stand somewhere safe. If you can, move your car out of the flow of traffic. Turn the hazard lights on in your car and use cones, warning triangles or flares to alert other oncoming cars.
- Remain Calm. It is easy to be upset or frustrated with other drivers but it is important to remember to stay calm and be polite. Avoid engaging in any arguments with the other driver. Staying calm can help you to keep a level head so you can be best prepared for your case.
- Exchange Information with the other driver. You will need their name, address, phone number, insurance company, policy number, driver’s license number, and license plate number. If the driver is not the owner of the car they were driving, get the information for the owner too.
- Don’t Admit Fault. People may make a false statement in confusion, pain or under pressure. This can affect or cause problems for the case.
- Find Witnesses. Get the contact information of other witnesses. They may be able to help you if there is a dispute from other driver(s) of what happened.
- Take Pictures. Take pictures of all the cars involved showing the overall context of the accident. This could protect you against fraudulent claims from other driver(s). Make notes immediately about what happened, how all cars involved were damaged as well as the make and model of each car, the location of the accident and the name and badge number of police officers on the scene.
- See a Doctor. An injury might not be apparent to you at the scene of the accident. Don’t hesitate to see a doctor to be checked out.
- Hire Brent Gordon. Even fender benders are worth a call to the office of Brent Gordon to determine if you have a case. Brent can help you fight big insurance companies and get you the money you deserve. Call us for a free consultation.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
Idaho Falls Law Office
Our Idaho Falls, Idaho law office services clients in and surrounding Idaho Falls, including for injuries and accidents in Ammon, Rigby, injuries and accidents in Shelly and Blackfoot, and injuries and accidents in Rexburg. If you are looking for an attorney in the Idaho Falls area, visit or call our Idaho Falls office now. 477 Shoup Ave, Suite 101 Idaho Falls, ID 83402 Phone:(208) 552-0467 Brent Gordon Law Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram
Pocatello Law Office
Our Pocatello, Idaho law office services clients in and surrounding Pocatello, including for injuries and accidents in Chubbuck. If you are looking for an attorney in the Pocatello area, call our Pocatello office now. Our experienced personal injury attorneys will work hard to get you the compensation you deserve. Call (208) 232-7274 for a free consultation.
154 North Main St. Pocatello, ID 83204 Phone:(208) 232-7274 Brent Gordon Law Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram
Southeast Idaho Personal Injury Attorney Idaho Falls Personal Injury Attorney Pocatello Personal Injury Attorney Blackfoot Personal Injury Attorney Rexburg Personal Injury Attorney Rigby Personal Injury Attorney Car Accidents Worker’s Compensation Semi Truck Accidents Motorcycle Accidents Wrongful Death Dog Bite Injuries Slip and Fall Accidents Bicycle Accidents Site Map