Call Now For A Free Consultation 208-552-0467
Motorcycle vs Horse Trailer Accident on State Highway 28
Idaho State Police investigated a motorcycle vs horse trailer accident on State Highway 28. A pickup truck pulling a horse trailer attempted to make a left turn from southbound State Highway 28 onto Nicholia Rand Road when a motorcycle attempted to pass on the left. The motorcyclist struck the rear of the pickup truck and came to rest under the horse trailer’s hitch. Due to serious injuries from the motorcycle accident, the motorcyclist was transported by air ambulance to a nearby medical center in Idaho Falls for immediate medical attention. State Highway 28 was blocked for nearly an hour and a half following the motorcycle accident while crews worked to clear the accident. The following are a few rules for passing another vehicle you should keep in mind to stay safe on the road.
Rules for Passing Another Vehicle
Attempting to pass another vehicle creates a risk for yourself and others on the road. Unless passing is completely necessary because of a slow-moving vehicle in front, avoid making unnecessary traffic maneuvers or continuously changing lanes or passing other vehicles.
- When it is necessary to pass, the law requires you to only pass on the left (using the left lane). Only pass on the right when absolutely necessary to avoid a traffic hazard and only when it is safe to do so.
- When passing a motorcycle, remember to give the bikers the same full land width as other vehicles. Never drive in the same lane as the motorcyclist.
- The law requires you to signal at least 100 feet before changing lanes.
- Before attempting to pass on a two-lane road, check pavement markings and signs to be sure it is legal to pass.
- If another vehicle is attempting to pass you, be courteous by slowing down a bit and allowing them to safely pass.
- Check your mirrors and look over your should to be sure traffic is clear before attempting to pass.
When Passing is Illegal
- A DO NOT PASS sign is on the roadway.
- The center line on the roadway is a double solid yellow line or there is a solid yellow line on your side.
- Passing a vehicle traveling at or above the posted speed limit. In order to pass, you would have to go at least 10-15 miles per hour faster.
- There is not enough time to pass the vehicle in front of you and return safely to your lane before confronting oncoming traffic within 200 feet of your vehicle.
- You are within 100 feet of a bridge or railroad crossing.
- You are behind a school bus that is loading or unloading children.
Southeast Idaho Personal Injury Lawyers
Brent Gordon Law Firm handles personal injury cases for clients throughout Southeast Idaho, with two convenient offices in Idaho Falls and Pocatello, Idaho. Our law firm staff and attorneys focus their practice on injury cases, including car accidents, motorcycle accidents, wrongful death, and workers’ compensation so they bring years of experience and substantial knowledge to ensure you get a great settlement. Call our Idaho Falls law office at (208) 552-0467 or our Pocatello law office at (208) 232-7274 to get started on your personal injury case.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case
Call Now For A Free Consultation 208-552-0467 7 Tips for Parents of Teen Drivers Car accidents are the leading cause of death for teens age 15 to 20. When a teenager is driving other teens, their risk of being involved in a fatal car accident doubles. Each year, drivers under the age of 18 are…Read More
Call Now For A Free Consultation 208-552-0467 Vehicle Forced Off Road Following Car Crash With snowy weather comes slick roadways. Slick roadway conditions caused a truck accident near Eugene according to ODOT. A tanker truck was involved in the truck accident forcing state crews to close the highway west of Oakridge for about two hours.…Read More
Idaho Falls Law Office
Our Idaho Falls, Idaho law office services clients in and surrounding Idaho Falls, including for injuries and accidents in Ammon, Rigby, injuries and accidents in Shelley and Blackfoot, and injuries and accidents in Rexburg. If you are looking for an attorney in the Idaho Falls area, visit or call our Idaho Falls office now.
3423 Merlin Dr., Idaho Falls, ID 83404
Pocatello Law Office
Our Pocatello, Idaho law office services clients in and surrounding Pocatello, including for injuries and accidents in Chubbuck. If you are looking for an attorney in the Pocatello area, call our Pocatello office now. Our experienced personal injury attorneys will work hard to get you the compensation you deserve. Call (208) 232-7274 for a free consultation.
151 North 3rd, Suite 202A Pocatello, ID 83204