When your car accident involves a parked car, would you know what to do? Hitting a parked car is still considered a car accident. Here are a few tips to keep in mind in case your car accident involves a parked car.
Tips if Your Car Accident Involves a Parked Car
- Stay Put. If you leave after hitting a car, it is considered a hit and run. Odds are high that someone saw you hit the car or it is on a surveillance camera. Also, it is against the law to leave the scene of an accident in every state.
- Leave a note if the owner does not arrive. Keep it short and simple. Most states require by law that the note include the following information:
- Your name
- Good phone number to reach you
- Description of the accident
If the car you were driving was borrowed, also include the name and address of the car’s owner. Also, include your insurance information in the note. Remember anything you put in the note can be used against you later.
- Document by Taking Photos. Take pictures of the damage done to both cars plus the license plate of the other car. Even small scratches or dents can costs hundreds to repair.
- Talk to Witnesses. Get the contact information of anyone who saw you hit the vehicle. Also, write down or video their description of the accident.
- Contact Your Insurance. Make a claim on your insurance. Once your deductible is met, your insurance will likely cover the damages.
- Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer. Hire personal injury attorney Brent Gordon handle any car accident case. Brent is an aggressive, experienced and trusted attorney serving the Southeast Idaho area. Call (208) 552-0467 for the Idaho Falls law office or (208) 232-7274 for our Pocatello law firm for a free consultation.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
Idaho Falls Law Office
Our Idaho Falls, Idaho law office services clients in and surrounding Idaho Falls, including for injuries and accidents in Ammon, Rigby, injuries and accidents in Shelly and Blackfoot, and injuries and accidents in Rexburg. If you are looking for an attorney in the Idaho Falls area, visit or call our Idaho Falls office now. 477 Shoup Ave, Suite 101 Idaho Falls, ID 83402 Phone:(208) 552-0467 Brent Gordon Law Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram
Pocatello Law Office
Our Pocatello, Idaho law office services clients in and surrounding Pocatello, including for injuries and accidents in Chubbuck. If you are looking for an attorney in the Pocatello area, call our Pocatello office now. Our experienced personal injury attorneys will work hard to get you the compensation you deserve. Call (208) 232-7274 for a free consultation.
154 North Main St. Pocatello, ID 83204 Phone:(208) 232-7274 Brent Gordon Law Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram
Southeast Idaho Personal Injury Attorney Idaho Falls Personal Injury Attorney Pocatello Personal Injury Attorney Blackfoot Personal Injury Attorney Rexburg Personal Injury Attorney Rigby Personal Injury Attorney Car Accidents Worker’s Compensation Semi Truck Accidents Motorcycle Accidents Wrongful Death Dog Bite Injuries Slip and Fall Accidents Bicycle Accidents Site Map