Call Now For A Free Consultation 208-552-0467
Vehicle Forced Off Road Following Car Crash
With snowy weather comes slick roadways. Slick roadway conditions caused a truck accident near Eugene according to ODOT. A tanker truck was involved in the truck accident forcing state crews to close the highway west of Oakridge for about two hours. Traffic was limited to one lane for most of the day. The driver of a vehicle lost control on the icy highway and slid into the truck. Minor injuries were reported from one of the drivers involved in the crash. The highway opening was delayed due to a spill from the tanker truck.
Winter Driving Tips
The following are a few winter driving tips to keep in mind before attempting to drive on the snow and ice to avoid an accident.
- Know how your car reacts to certain situations. Every vehicle handles differently, especially on wet or icy roads. Knowing how to react to the way your vehicle handles can prove to be very helpful in an emergency situation.
- Make sure your car is well maintained and ready for winter driving. For example, making sure all fluids under the hood are topped off, floor mats are properly installed, headlights are working properly, tires are in good condition, etc.
- Go slow! Remember it is harder to control or stop your vehicle on wet, slick or snow-covered roads.
- Increase your following distance to give yourself extra time to stop.
- Always wear a seat belt and make sure everyone else in the car is buckled also.
- Be prepared by keeping your gas tank full, warm clothes in your car, jumper cables, etc.
- Give a snow plow extra space by not traveling beside them. Also, if you are following a snow plow, leave extra space and don't stop too close to them.
- If possible, avoid driving in the snow and wait for the storm to pass.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Eugene
The auto accident attorneys at Parke Gordon Law Firm are here to help after a car accident. Contact the law office of personal injury attorney Mat Parke today for a free consultation. We can usually tell you over the phone if you have a good case. Our law firm believes every client deserves fair representation, not just big insurance companies with deep pockets. Let our experienced and knowledgeable attorney help you beat Goliath. Call (541) 485-4878 now for a free case review.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case
Call Now For A Free Consultation 208-552-0467 7 Tips for Parents of Teen Drivers Car accidents are the leading cause of death for teens age 15 to 20. When a teenager is driving other teens, their risk of being involved in a fatal car accident doubles. Each year, drivers under the age of 18 are…Read More
Call Now For A Free Consultation 208-552-0467 Vehicle Forced Off Road Following Car Crash With snowy weather comes slick roadways. Slick roadway conditions caused a truck accident near Eugene according to ODOT. A tanker truck was involved in the truck accident forcing state crews to close the highway west of Oakridge for about two hours.…Read More
Idaho Falls Law Office
Our Idaho Falls, Idaho law office services clients in and surrounding Idaho Falls, including for injuries and accidents in Ammon, Rigby, injuries and accidents in Shelley and Blackfoot, and injuries and accidents in Rexburg. If you are looking for an attorney in the Idaho Falls area, visit or call our Idaho Falls office now.
3423 Merlin Dr., Idaho Falls, ID 83404
Pocatello Law Office
Our Pocatello, Idaho law office services clients in and surrounding Pocatello, including for injuries and accidents in Chubbuck. If you are looking for an attorney in the Pocatello area, call our Pocatello office now. Our experienced personal injury attorneys will work hard to get you the compensation you deserve. Call (208) 232-7274 for a free consultation.
151 North 3rd, Suite 202A Pocatello, ID 83204