Call Now For A Free Consultation 208-552-0467
Idaho Rules of the Road: Obstruction to Driver’s View or Driving Mechanism
When traffic is congested, Idaho law requires a vehicle is to stop if there is not enough room to safely proceed through the intersection without obstructed traffic from the other direction. Sometimes it may be difficult to determine if your vehicle can fit. When in doubt, stop when traffic obstructed to avoid a car accident.
The following paragraph is the Idaho Rules of the Road law to stop when traffic obstructed.
Idaho Code § 49-614. STOP WHEN TRAFFIC OBSTRUCTED.
No driver shall enter an intersection, a marked crosswalk, or drive onto any railroad grade crossing unless there is sufficient space on the other side of the intersection, crosswalk or railroad grade crossing to accommodate the vehicle he is operating without obstructing the passage of other vehicles, pedestrians or railroad trains, regardless of any traffic control signal indication to proceed.
Tips to Avoid a Car Accident in Heavy Traffic
- Eliminate all distractions. Heavy traffic conditions leads to irregular flow of traffic requiring more attention from all drivers. Eliminate all distractions such as your cell phone and turning down the car radio to keep your mind on the road.
- Plan ahead. If you know you are going to be driving at rush hour, give yourself more travel time and be patient. If you cannot handle it, take a different route.
- Drive defensively to avoid a car crash. Plan how you can react in an emergency situation such as if another car merges into you. Scan the road ahead and beside you frequently and avoid cars that look impatient or agitated.
- Leave a three second distance between your vehicle and the car in front of you.
Car Crash Lawyers in Idaho Falls and Pocatello
If you’ve been in a car accident, call the experienced and trusted car crash attorneys at Brent Gordon Law. Our aggressive attorneys will fight to get you the most compensation for your case. Call our Idaho Falls or Pocatello law office today for a free consultation with an attorney to discuss your case. We can usually tell you over the phone if you have a good case.
It is unlawful in Idaho to create obstruction to driver’s view or driving mechanism when riding in a vehicle. It is more likely that you will cause a car accident for obstructing the driver’s view.
Idaho Rules of the Road states the following concerning obstruction to driver’s view or driving mechanism.
Idaho Code § 49-612. OBSTRUCTION TO DRIVER’S VIEW OR DRIVING MECHANISM.
- No person shall drive a vehicle when it is so loaded or when there are in the front seat a number of persons exceeding three (3), as to obstruct the view of the driver to the front or the sides of the vehicle, or as to interfere with the driver’s control over the driving mechanism of the vehicle.
- No passenger in a vehicle shall ride in a position as to interfere with the driver’s view ahead or to the sides, or to interfere with his control of the driving mechanism of the vehicle.
- No vehicle shall be operated when the windshield and/or windows of the vehicle are coated with ice, snow, sleet, or dust to the extent that the driver’s view ahead, or to the sides or rear of the vehicle are obstructed.
Car Accident Attorneys in Idaho Falls and Pocatello
The aggressive car accident lawyers in Idaho Falls and Pocatello of Brent Gordon Law are here to help you recover from a car crash. We understand what it takes to get you a fair settlement for your auto accident. Our experienced auto attorneys have handled many car accident cases and received impressive compensation for our clients. If you’ve been injured in a car accident from the negligence of another driver, call Brent Gordon Law to speak with a trusted car accident attorney about your case for free. During a free consolation either in person or over phone, we can usually tell you if you have a good case. Call our Idaho Falls law office today at (208) 552-0467 or our Pocatello law office at (208) 232-7274.
Call Now For A Free Consultation 208-552-0467 7 Tips for Parents of Teen Drivers Car accidents are the leading cause of death for teens age 15 to 20. When a teenager is driving other teens, their risk of being involved in a fatal car accident doubles. Each year, drivers under the age of 18 are…Read More
Call Now For A Free Consultation 208-552-0467 Vehicle Forced Off Road Following Car Crash With snowy weather comes slick roadways. Slick roadway conditions caused a truck accident near Eugene according to ODOT. A tanker truck was involved in the truck accident forcing state crews to close the highway west of Oakridge for about two hours.…Read More
Idaho Falls Law Office
Our Idaho Falls, Idaho law office services clients in and surrounding Idaho Falls, including for injuries and accidents in Ammon, Rigby, injuries and accidents in Shelley and Blackfoot, and injuries and accidents in Rexburg. If you are looking for an attorney in the Idaho Falls area, visit or call our Idaho Falls office now.
3423 Merlin Dr., Idaho Falls, ID 83404
Pocatello Law Office
Our Pocatello, Idaho law office services clients in and surrounding Pocatello, including for injuries and accidents in Chubbuck. If you are looking for an attorney in the Pocatello area, call our Pocatello office now. Our experienced personal injury attorneys will work hard to get you the compensation you deserve. Call (208) 232-7274 for a free consultation.
151 North 3rd, Suite 202A Pocatello, ID 83204