Call Now For A Free Consultation 208-552-0467
Idaho Rules of the Roads: Slow Moving Vehicles
The Idaho Rules of the Road governing slow moving vehicles is as follows:
Idaho Code § 49-619. SLOW MOVING VEHICLES — RESTRICTIONS AND EXCEPTIONS, EQUIPMENT — EMBLEMS ON CERTAIN MACHINERY — LIMITED EXEMPTION.
- It shall be unlawful to operate a slow moving vehicle on the highways at the following times and under the following circumstances:
- From one-half (1/2) hour after sunset to one-half (1/2) hour before sunrise, unless the vehicle or equipment is equipped with lights as required by section 49-916, Idaho Code;
- At a speed in excess of twenty-five (25) miles per hour, unless the vehicle or equipment, including towed units of farm equipment, is designed to safely travel at speeds in excess of twenty-five (25) miles per hour, but no such vehicle or equipment shall exceed the posted maximum speed limit and shall be operated by a licensed driver;
- In such a manner as to obstruct the free movement of traffic on the highways.
- A slow moving vehicle shall be equipped with a braking system and with a mechanical signaling device as required for other similarly constructed vehicles.
- All slow moving vehicles, farm tractors, road rollers and implements of husbandry shall have affixed at the rear of the vehicle an emblem identifying them as slow moving equipment. The Idaho traffic safety commission shall recommend to the board the minimum standards for the emblem.
- Emergency and snow removal vehicles owned and operated by the state or its political subdivisions when en route to, from, or in the performance of activities essential to the public safety, shall be exempt from the provisions of paragraphs (a) and (c) of subsection (1) of this section.
Car Accident Lawyer
If you have been involved in a car accident due to the negligence of a slow moving vehicle, contact the personal injury attorneys at Brent Gordon Law Firm in Idaho Falls or Pocatello. Our law office offers a free consultation with an experienced attorney. Call today to start on your case and get the compensation you deserve.
Call Now For A Free Consultation 208-552-0467 7 Tips for Parents of Teen Drivers Car accidents are the leading cause of death for teens age 15 to 20. When a teenager is driving other teens, their risk of being involved in a fatal car accident doubles. Each year, drivers under the age of 18 are…Read More
Call Now For A Free Consultation 208-552-0467 Vehicle Forced Off Road Following Car Crash With snowy weather comes slick roadways. Slick roadway conditions caused a truck accident near Eugene according to ODOT. A tanker truck was involved in the truck accident forcing state crews to close the highway west of Oakridge for about two hours.…Read More
Idaho Falls Law Office
Our Idaho Falls, Idaho law office services clients in and surrounding Idaho Falls, including for injuries and accidents in Ammon, Rigby, injuries and accidents in Shelley and Blackfoot, and injuries and accidents in Rexburg. If you are looking for an attorney in the Idaho Falls area, visit or call our Idaho Falls office now.
3423 Merlin Dr., Idaho Falls, ID 83404
Pocatello Law Office
Our Pocatello, Idaho law office services clients in and surrounding Pocatello, including for injuries and accidents in Chubbuck. If you are looking for an attorney in the Pocatello area, call our Pocatello office now. Our experienced personal injury attorneys will work hard to get you the compensation you deserve. Call (208) 232-7274 for a free consultation.
151 North 3rd, Suite 202A Pocatello, ID 83204