Semi truck accidents and car accidents differ in many ways. Both semi truck accidents and car accidents happen frequently on Idaho roads. For instance, of the 32,000 people that died in a car accident in the U.S., nearly 5,000 of those involved a semi-truck. Consequently, 80 percent of the 500,000 semi truck accidents that occur each year, only 20 percent are caused by semi truck drivers. Many people may think a semi truck accident is the same as a car accident; they are not.
How Semi-Truck Accidents and Car Accidents Differ
Here are some differences between semi truck accidents and car accidents.
- Weight and size. A normal size car weighs about 4,000 pounds. Compare that to a semi truck which weighs roughly 80,000 pounds. The force from a car accident can be bad enough. But calculate the impact with a vehicle that weighs 20 times the amount of your car and you can probably guess you’re in trouble.
- Fault of the accident. If the accident was the fault of the semi truck driver, the driver is not the only in trouble. The trucking company and truck manufacturer could also be liable. A trucking company will be held responsible for the maintenance of the semi truck as well as the driver’s hours and log files.
- Log files of the truck driver. Every truck driver is required to record the number of miles and hours they drive. This logs will track the amount of driving time, how many times they stop, how long they rest, etc. Your attorney will be able to get access to the truck driver’s log for evidence.
- Property damage. Due to the weight and size of a semi truck, the damage could be much worse than if you had hit a car. The personal injuries in a semi truck accident are also usually much worse and sometimes even fatal.
- How insurance covers the accident. A semi truck will carry more coverage due to the greater likely hood of an accident and the grander property damage. Many people may think they can handle an insurance company. However, hiring personal injury attorney, Mat Parke will help to fight the big insurance companies. Mat can insure that you will get the most compensation from your accident.
Hire Semi-Truck Attorney Brent Gordon
If you’ve been injured by a semi-truck driver, call a Pocatello or Idaho Falls semi lawyer at Brent Gordon Law to handle your case. The semi truck attorneys at Brent Gordon Law will know important tactics to cover to get more compensation from the insurance company. Our law firm has handled many semi truck accidents. Call (208) 552-0467 for a free consultation.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
Idaho Falls Law Office
Our Idaho Falls, Idaho law office services clients in and surrounding Idaho Falls, including for injuries and accidents in Ammon, Rigby, injuries and accidents in Shelly and Blackfoot, and injuries and accidents in Rexburg. If you are looking for an attorney in the Idaho Falls area, visit or call our Idaho Falls office now. 477 Shoup Ave, Suite 101 Idaho Falls, ID 83402 Phone:(208) 552-0467 Brent Gordon Law Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram
Pocatello Law Office
Our Pocatello, Idaho law office services clients in and surrounding Pocatello, including for injuries and accidents in Chubbuck. If you are looking for an attorney in the Pocatello area, call our Pocatello office now. Our experienced personal injury attorneys will work hard to get you the compensation you deserve. Call (208) 232-7274 for a free consultation.
154 North Main St. Pocatello, ID 83204 Phone:(208) 232-7274 Brent Gordon Law Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram
Southeast Idaho Personal Injury Attorney Idaho Falls Personal Injury Attorney Pocatello Personal Injury Attorney Blackfoot Personal Injury Attorney Rexburg Personal Injury Attorney Rigby Personal Injury Attorney Car Accidents Worker’s Compensation Semi Truck Accidents Motorcycle Accidents Wrongful Death Dog Bite Injuries Slip and Fall Accidents Bicycle Accidents Site Map