A car accident claimed the life of an Idaho resident. The accident occurred near Rigby early Tuesday morning. Madison County Dispatch received several 911 calls reporting a car accident at the corner of 7800 South and 2000 West in the Archer area. The Madison County Sheriff’s Office and Madison Fire Department responded to the area to find that the occupant of the car had been ejected from the car. The occupant was pronounced dead at the scene from injuries. Captain Cameron Stanford of the Madison County Sheriff’s Office has urged everyone to always remember to buckle up, slow down and leave plenty of room between you and the car in front of you. “People can drive on the snow. It’s the slowing down and stopping that is one of the problems,” he said.
Here are some tips to help keep you safe while driving:
- Never drive drossy.
- Make sure your tires are properly inflated.
- Keep your gas tank half full.
- Whenever possible avoid using the parking brake in rainy, snowy or cold weather.
- Avoid using cruise control when driving on slick or wet roads.
- Always look ahead and steer in the direction you want to go.
- Buckle your seat belt before starting your car
For safe winter driving consider the following:
- Accelerate and decelerate slowly.
- Remember everything takes longer on snow-covered roads – accelerating, stopping, turning. Give yourself time to maneuver.
- Give yourself eight to ten seconds between the car in front of you. This will provide the longer distance needed if you must stop.
- Know your brakes. If you have anti-lock brakes (ABS), press hard. It’s normal for the pedal to vibrate a bit when the ABS is activated.
- If possible, don’t stop. It takes more inertia to go from a full stop than it does if you are still rolling.
- Speed up before a hill to get a little inertia. Applying gas on a snow-covered hill makes the wheels spin. When you reach the top of the hill, slow down and proceed slowly downhill.
- Don’t stop going uphill. Get some inertia before going uphill.
- If you don’t need to go out, don’t.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
Idaho Falls Law Office
Our Idaho Falls, Idaho law office services clients in and surrounding Idaho Falls, including for injuries and accidents in Ammon, Rigby, injuries and accidents in Shelly and Blackfoot, and injuries and accidents in Rexburg. If you are looking for an attorney in the Idaho Falls area, visit or call our Idaho Falls office now. 477 Shoup Ave, Suite 101 Idaho Falls, ID 83402 Phone:(208) 552-0467 Brent Gordon Law Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram
Pocatello Law Office
Our Pocatello, Idaho law office services clients in and surrounding Pocatello, including for injuries and accidents in Chubbuck. If you are looking for an attorney in the Pocatello area, call our Pocatello office now. Our experienced personal injury attorneys will work hard to get you the compensation you deserve. Call (208) 232-7274 for a free consultation.
154 North Main St. Pocatello, ID 83204 Phone:(208) 232-7274 Brent Gordon Law Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram
Southeast Idaho Personal Injury Attorney Idaho Falls Personal Injury Attorney Pocatello Personal Injury Attorney Blackfoot Personal Injury Attorney Rexburg Personal Injury Attorney Rigby Personal Injury Attorney Car Accidents Worker’s Compensation Semi Truck Accidents Motorcycle Accidents Wrongful Death Dog Bite Injuries Slip and Fall Accidents Bicycle Accidents Site Map