Call Now For A Free Consultation 208-552-0467
Bicycle Accident Attorneys
The bicycle accident attorneys and lawyers of Brent Gordon Law Firm understand how to get a fair settlement for their clients. We are here to assist victims of bike accidents in Pocatello, Blackfoot, Idaho Falls, Rigby, Rexburg, and other surrounding areas. Our experienced bicycle accident lawyers will take steps to ensure your rights are fully protected. The law office of Brent Gordon will seek recovery for all of your damages and maximize your recovery and settlement. Our injury lawyers have successfully represented bicyclists and obtained impressive settlements for our bicycle accident clients.
Bike Accident Injuries in Southeast Idaho
Serious injuries often result from bicycle accidents due to the lack of protection to bicyclists and the size and force differences when a vehicle collides with a bike. Our experienced attorneys will help ensure that our bicycle accident clients obtain appropriate medical care and treatment and ensure that the negligent motorist is held accountable. Take the stress out of your bicycle accident by allowing our experienced attorneys to handle the insurance companies as well as your medical bills and any lost wages. We will fight for every penny you are owed. No attorney fees will be collected until after your case is settled.
Idaho Falls and Pocatello Personal Injury Client Reviews
Brent Gordon Law Firm is dedicated to their clients! See what our clients have to say about us by reading our client reviews page.
What to Do After a Bicycle Accident
- Call 911 and wait for police to arrive. It is important to wait for the police to arrive after an accident so a police report will be taken and filed. Even if you do not feel you were injured, a police report will make a big difference in the outcome of your case.
- Tell your version of what happened to the police officer. Be sure to report all injuries even if you think they are minor. Minor injuries can later become major.
- Gather the personal information of the driver and any witnesses of the accident. Information to gather includes their full name, phone number, address and driver’s license number of the driver. A name and phone number of each witness is sufficient. If you are too injured to gather this information, ask a bystander to do it for you.
- Take photos of the bicycle accident scene. Photos such as your bike, the vehicle that hit you and any skid marks on the road are great evidence that can greatly help your case.
- Write down your statement of what happened as well as any injuries you incurred from the accident.
- The last but most important step after a bicycle accident is to contact the experienced personal injury attorneys at Brent Gordon Law Firm to handle your case.
Tips to Avoid Bicycle Accidents After Dark
Many choose to bike after dark to get in more time for exercise. This is especially true during late Fall and Winter months when it gets dark early. Gordon Law Firm of Idaho Falls and Pocatello would like to remind drivers to be extra cautious of bike riders. After dark, drivers have a limited line of vision. Sometimes the only form of light for drivers is the car’s headlights. Also, depth and peripheral vision is worsened because of poor or limited light. If you are going to ride a bicycle after dark, here are some things to remember to avoid bicycle accidents after dark.
- Stay on well-lit streets.
- Wear reflective gear.
- Add reflective gear to your bike.
- Take extra lights.
Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents
Bicycle accidents are more common than most people realize. Here are the most typical causes of bicycle accidents according to the NHTSA National Survey on Bicyclist and Pedestrian Attitudes and Behaviors.
Bicyclist Hit by a Car
Thirty percent of all bicycle accidents are caused by the rider being hit by a car. Drivers are to always be aware of what is around them and yield the right of way to all pedestrians and bicyclists. However, often times bicyclists are not seen by a driver. When riding a bike, yield to caution by wearing brightly colored clothing. It is also helpful for you to beware of vehicles and make eye contact before crossing a street.
Falling Off a Bike
Seventeen percent of all bicycle accident is from the rider falling off the bike. There are many reasons for this. For example, the rider may have been startled from an unforeseen object or person.
Hazardous Road Conditions
Thirteen percent of bike accidents are due to bad road conditions. If you can, avoid roadways that are in need of repair when riding your bike to avoid these types of accidents.
An Error of the Bicyclist
Thirteen percent of bike accidents are from the rider making an error.
Colliding with a Fixed Object
Seven percent of bicycle accidents are due to the rider colliding with a fixed object. For instance, an inexperienced bicyclist may accidentally run into a light pole. Or the rider may have been distracted and hit the pole.
Hitting a Dog or Small Child Running into the Street
When a dog runs into the street, they may potentially be hit by a bicyclist or a car. Four percent of all bicycle accident has been due to a dog running into the street.
How to Prepare Your Kids to Avoid a Bike Accident
- Make sure your kids are wearing a good bike helmet whenever they are on their bike. A helmet will help protect your child from head and brain injuries.
- Prepare your child’s bike with a tune-up. For example, wipe off the frame, make sure bolts are tight, lubricate the chain, check the brakes and inflate any flat tires. This will help prevent common bike accidents such as a chain breaking or a flat tire.
- Practice helping your kids avoid hazards such as large rocks, toys, potholes, etc. while riding their bike.
- Teach your kids their bike is to be treated like a vehicle, not a toy. Bicyclists have the same rules to follow as a vehicle whenever it enters the roadway.
- Start with teaching some basic rules of the road such as stay to the right, keep a safe distance from other bikes or people, look both ways, etc.
Personal Injury Lawyer Accident Blog
The law firm of Brent Gordon has a blog full of tips to keep you safe as well as stories of recent accidents that have occurred in or around Idaho Falls or Pocatello. Read the Brent Gordon Law Accident Blog here.
Contact a Bicycle Accident Attorney in Southeast Idaho Immediately
Contact our bicycle accident attorneys for a free consultation in Idaho Falls or Pocatello. Our injury lawyers are on your side and will fight for your rights. The law office of Brent Gordon believes every client deserves fair representation, not just the big insurance companies with deep pockets. Let the law office of personal injury attorney Brent Gordon represent you and take away the stress of your bicycle accident case. Call our Idaho Falls law office now at (208) 552-0467 or our Pocatello law office at (208) 232-7274.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case
Call Now For A Free Consultation 208-552-0467 Five Things to Do to Recover from a Bicycle Accident When a bicycle accident occurs, it can be difficult for the injured victim to know what to do. The experienced and knowledgeable bicycle accident attorneys at Brent Gordon Law have decades of experience fighting for their clients and…Read More
Call Now For A Free Consultation 208-552-0467 Bicycle Riding Tips for Young Children A young boy was hit by a pickup truck while riding his bicycle according to the Idaho Falls Police department. The bicycle accident occurred when a pickup truck was turning left onto 14th street from Holmes in Idaho Falls. Police say the…Read More
Idaho Falls Law Office
Our Idaho Falls, Idaho law office services clients in and surrounding Idaho Falls, including for injuries and accidents in Ammon, Rigby, injuries and accidents in Shelley and Blackfoot, and injuries and accidents in Rexburg. If you are looking for an attorney in the Idaho Falls area, visit or call our Idaho Falls office now.
3423 Merlin Dr., Idaho Falls, ID 83404
Pocatello Law Office
Our Pocatello, Idaho law office services clients in and surrounding Pocatello, including for injuries and accidents in Chubbuck. If you are looking for an attorney in the Pocatello area, call our Pocatello office now. Our experienced personal injury attorneys will work hard to get you the compensation you deserve. Call (208) 232-7274 for a free consultation.
151 North 3rd, Suite 202A Pocatello, ID 83204